Sunday, June 5, 2011

Misc | Classic Films In Theaters

I never thought I would get to experience the magic of Classic Hollywood on the big screen. I live in New Orleans and I thought only big cities like New York had theaters with taste, that is until I discovered a little gem called the The Prytania. The Prytania was opened in 1915 and is the oldest one movie theater in Louisiana. The theater has a Classic Movies Series that started a few weeks ago and to my surprise they are playing two of my favorite movies (Gentlemen Prefer Blondes and All About Eve.) They are also playing Singing In The Rain which I am embarrassed to say I have never seen! I hope they continue this series because if they do, they have a devoted attendee.



Today we went to see Gentlemen Prefer Blondes and words cannot describe how amazing it was to see this beautiful movie on the big screen. The colors, beautiful sets, gorgeous costumes, and wonderful music just came to life on the screen like it never had on my television. And with the theater giving a vintage movie feeling the minute you walk in the door, I really felt like I was experiencing these movies like they were originally displayed so many years ago. I had a great time and I am anxious to go see 'All About Eve' this coming week.

No comments:

Post a Comment